Sunday, June 08, 2008

What is Green, White, Pink and Green Again?

During cherry blossom season, it was suggested that I was posting too many cherry blossoms. I wanted to share with you why I did that.

When we arrived last September, the trees were full and very green.
By early November, the leaves had started to change colors and fall off.


By December there were no leaves, only empty branches. Not very beautiful. Then came the light snow dusting a few times during winter


The trees remained bare for a long time (4 months!).


Then all of a sudden, little pink flowers appeared everywhere!
and they only lasted for a short 2 weeks and now...
we are back to square one
full green trees. Maybe now you might understand why I liked the cherry blossoms so much!
Now I want to visit Washington DC during cherry blossom season!

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Im with you Merry. the cherry blossoms are beautiful while they last. Nothing wrong with taken a buch of pics of them. Someday Id like to get to D.C. to see them too!

Anonymous said...

I agree. If they only last two weeks, you need to enjoy! I've heard the ones in DC are beautiful but have not seen them yet.