Saturday, June 07, 2008

Happy Birthday Kimi

Saturday May, 24th

OK, so I got a bit behind. I forgot I had pictures that Mitch didn't.

Kimi turned 5 this year and she wanted to go bowling. RJ was invited to go along so we got to go to. We had a blast!
This is the sign over the cashier's head. Gotta love the English here. I hope I don't speak that way when I get home.
This is where you get your bowling shoes. You pick your size (based on the length of your foot in cm) and push the red button. A pair of shoes comes out the bottom. If they don't fit, you but them in the return box and pick another size.
A place by your lane to store your shoes and hang your coat.
Then the fun began. The kids used a 5 ball (I was just going to write 5lbs but I am really not sure if it was pounds or kg)
At first daddy and I had to help RJ, but shortly after we started, they put up the bumpers so the kids balls would reach the end of the lane.




Kimi had a blast bowling!

Every once and awhile, the light would go down and they would have a contest. If you bowled a strike during the contest, you won a prize. Part of that prize was getting your picture taking with your group in front of the lanes. But not just any picture...
Yes, that is Mitch as a bowling pin!! Dia (the guy on Mitch's left) got a strike and LET Mitch wear the prize for the photo.

then the kids wanted to give it a try...




and then some how I got suckered into wearing it.
I think Dia actually ended up with a little pool game as his prize, but I think these pictures (especially of Mitch) are priceless!!


Thanks Kimi for inviting RJ to go bowling for your birthday!!

**note to readers** Blogger now has a great tool. I can write a bunch of blogs and postdate them and they will appear when they are scheduled to. I am posting one a day for awhile now...check back often**

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Kinda scary that what like 20 years ago thats how you and I met, at a bowling alley. Good times! When you guys get back we'll have to get together and go bowling. Maybe at the old alley were we bowled so many years ago.

Anonymous said...

Mitch, do somedays you feel like the ball and somedays you feel like the pins? That's life, I guess.