Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Korakuen

Back in April, we went on a weekend adventure. The prefecture (kind of like a state) to the west of Hyogo (where we live) is called Okayama. The prefecture of Okayama has created 5 International Villas that are an affordable way for foreigners to see the back roads of Japan. We booked a night at Takebe(which is right next to a river). Faviola, Zuka and Kimi took Mitch, RJ, Sara and I in there car and Dia and Azu took Chris, Marie-Louise and Sophie in their car.

Our first stop for the day was at Korakuen. One of Japan's top 3 most beautiful garden.
There were large green belts throughout the garden. It was a huge garden.

I think I might want one of these in my new backyard (where ever that might be).


We all stopped for a pose on this bridge. It was a great group to travel with!

Sara and Zuka walking along the bamboo lined path.


This rock was chiseled apart so that it could be moved and brought to this garden. I find that crazy...just find another rock that is closer.

While we were wondering around the garden, we came across a tea house. Sophie was just busting at the seams to go inside and have green tea. I finally agreed to go with her.

While Sophie and I were drinking green tea, Kimi drew this picture of Dia in the dirt.
This is the Tori gate in front of a shrine in the garden. They say if you can throw a rock and it lands on one of the cross beams on the top, your wish will come true. I was the ONLY one could get my rock to land there. Now if only I could remember what I wished for to see if it has come true yet....

A pretty bamboo forest.
Look at those beautiful colorful bushes.
We happened upon a wedding while we were there. I managed to begged enough for Mitch to go get a picture.
Sara and I with Okayama Castle in the back ground. It is called the Black Castle (Himeji Castle is called the White Castle)
beautiful colored leaves in spring.
Favi and Zuka

Marie-Louise and Chris


Mitch and meKimi and RJ (don't ask, they were playing with stickers in the back seat of the car)


Another rock chiseled apart to be brought to the garden.

No comments: