Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunflowers, Zip Lines and Fun

On Saturday, our friend Mayumi took us for a day trip about 50 mins northwest of Himeji. We drove through some countryside and saw another side to Japan. The scenery was beautiful.

When we reached our destination, the kids were VERY happy to get out of the car and head straight for the play ground.
Sara and Daddy at the swings
The rest of the playground
Mayumi pushing Sara. Sara stayed on the swings for a very long time. She would have stayed all afternoon if there hadn't been other kids waiting.
Then she found the really big roller slide (I still miss the one at the park south of Glendale on 39th ave)

Then RJ found the zip line.
He waiting patiently for his turn...
got on...
and had a blast!!!
a video of RJ on the zip line
Sara saw what RJ was doing and wanting to give it a try. She waiting patiently for her turn

I don't think I have ever seen her smile that big before. She loved it!!

Sara's video on the zip line


Then she went off to drive the boat
And RJ graduated to standing on the zip line. I was so proud of him for trying new things without freaking out!!
He was so happy and would have stayed here forever. But it was hot out, and the kids needed to eat some lunch.
Mayumi, Sara and RJ. The concrete tower in the back ground has a big sunflower at the top.

After lunch, we went to the indoor play area at the park. I was geared for kids 1 1/2 to 4 so I talked to RJ about playing nicely and they had a blast.

Especially when they found the kitchen set. I was their first customer at their restaurant, then I went and got Mitch and Mayumi so they could eat too.
Before we left, we went across the street to admire the beautiful sunflowers.

RJ wanted to know where the sunflower seeds were....
He just kept smelling them when I told him I had no idea.
It was a great day! Thanks Mayumi for showing a great place!

No comments: