Monday, July 14, 2008

Jodoji

Seeing how I have 5 days left at school and only 2 classes to teach, I will get caught up on my blogging. Blogger has a great thing now, I can write all my blogs but have them scheduled to post later. So as not to over inundate all of you faith readers, I will only post one or 2 a day for then next 2 weeks till we are back home. Have fun reading

After we left the sunflower fields on Saturday, Mayumi took us to an important temple - Jodoji. Here are a few pictures from the temple compound.
the main temple building
Not sure which building this was, but I liked the architecture. This next sign was next to it so I think it is the belfry

I like the colorful building amidst the wooden ones.


I took this picture to try to capture the "glowing" headstones on the hill side. it was pretty cool looking.
A reflection pond in the middle of the compound
I really have no idea what all the different buildings are used for, but I thing their style is pretty cool.
RJ and Sara "washing" their hands. I liked how the water spicket was the head of a dragon.

No comments: