Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Luckiest Mom in All of Japan

Sunday was Mother's Day. I hope all of the mother's our there had a great day. Mine was fabulous!

First thing, Mitch and the kids made me a delicious breakfast. RJ loves to help daddy cook and Sara occupied herself by playing with the water. I enjoyed the "me time" by trying to get caught up on my reading.

Yes, Sara's shirt is on backwards.

Then the kids presented me my breakfast in bed!! When I told my students and friends that I had breakfast in bed, they thought I was crazy. I had to explain that not only does the father and kids cook the breakfast, but I don't even have to get up to eat it.

RJ has the plate of food, while Sara is carrying my gift.


Yummy breakfast!! We had Hammes Scram (scrambled eggs with lots of veggies and cheese), fruit (kiwi, pineapple, peaches and pears)
The kids also joined my in bed for their breakfast.

Then I got to open my presents. RJ made me 2 bags at school, a bookmark that he wrote on himself and a bracelet (actually it was a charm for my cell phone, but I wanted to wear it all the time so I asked RJ if I can wear it as a bracelet and he said yes)
I also got a new lanyard to wear to school with a charm of Himeji castle and a hear card. Mitch had a friend write on it in Japanese, now I have to figure out what it says (he doesn't even know)

Then we spent the morning playing games and hanging out. I love days like this where we don't have to go anywhere and we can do what ever we want. They we saddled up for a bike ride and then headed to my favorite restaurant, Haya for yakiniku.
Needless to say, we ate so much we never had dinner. We finished the night off with Family movie night, Ratouille. It was a great Mother's day!! Thanks Mitch!

No comments: