Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kiyomizu-dera Temple

Back to Chacha's visit

In Kyoto we were able to visit Kiyomizu-dera temple. This was my second visit, but my first visit during daylight (we visited with Pat and Mary at night). Chacha seemed to enjoy seeing everything.

The entrance
Me trying to get a picture of the 2 of us with the city in the back ground...

I am not sure what this was, but everyone was having a hard time lifting these metal rods. They sounded very heavy when they hit the bottom of the crate.


A Buddha statue, I think

Chacha looking out at the city with the temple on the side.

If you look closely you can see Kyoto Tower to the left of Chacha's head ( on her right). It is across the street from the train station. It is said that you can get a great view of Kyoto from the top of that tower.
we asked someone to take our picture (much better than the one I took, but we were having fun!)

Chacha with the pagoda in the background.

While we were there, I got Chacha go into the "womb". We are still not sure what it really is, but they tell us we are reborn when we come out. It is pitch black inside and you walk around in a maze and then right before the end you see a light shining on a mantle with a Japanese writing. Mitch and I did it with the kids but it was much more fun with out them screaming (they didn't like the darkness). When we were on our way home that night, Chacha told me that she is afraid of the dark...note to self, ask before you take someone different. She did say she enjoyed it except when I made her run in to the wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you know Chacha?

Erica