Monday, May 19, 2008

Himeji Baraen

After we finished playing at the park, Miho took us to Himeji Baraen (Rose Garden). Upon arriving at the garden, I noticed on the green hill, there was a huge orange Tori gate. Click on the photo and you can see it on the right side of the hill. I think it is grand to see the large orange tori gates amongst the natural greenery.


As we walked to the garden from the parking lot, Sara managed to get Miho and Akiko to play "Wee". I think all three of them had fun.

Near the entrance to the rose garden.

Sara is always on the look out for doggies...

I know that we all have roses back in Arizona, but I just wanted to share with you some of my favorites.

No, Sara is not a rose, but she looks cute in the middle of them.


This was my favorite! A purple Tiger
Koibani flying in the wind. Even though Children's Day has come and gone the carp flags have not.
Akiko, RJ and Sara getting a bit hot and tired.
I liked the swirl of this one.
This one is called "American Fireworks"

I really enjoyed being here. It kind of made me think back to all the beautiful roses that my mother now takes care of that were once her mother's. They smelled beautiful and the colors were so vibrant.

No comments: