Monday, March 24, 2008

Sara's 2nd Birthday Celebrations, Part II

Now that Spring Break is here, I have a few extra minutes to work on my blog.

As mentioned in a previous post, Sara turned 2 on March 16th. She is very proud to tell everyone that she is "ni sai" (2 yrs).

On Thursday, March 13th I took cupcakes (American) to school to surprise Sara. RJ was not there as Daddy had picked him up earlier that day so they could go to the airport to pick up Grandma Pat and Aunt Mary. All of Sara's little friends were excited to have a cupcake, but I don't think they were too excited about the frosting (I made it from scratch with powdered sugar)

Faviola decorated this table just for the birthday girl. I brought our "Birthday Girl" ribbon and her princess crown so she could be a princess (daddy dressed her that morning so don't ask about the clothes).
She waited patiently while the class sang happy birthday

Then she gladly enjoyed her cupcake and juice.

Some of her friends at Kid's House enjoying their cupcakes and juice. Normally they have tea at snack time so they were very excited to have juice. It was very fun for me to help Sara have a fun birthday with some of her little friends. I think she enjoyed it as well.


Later that same afternoon, "Dopie" (one of our new Australian friends, Sophie) came over with a small gift for Sara. A lamp and a chocolate and a card. Sara was very excited about the chocolate...


Then she received some mail....Aren't those the most adorable blue eyes!!!!

She called this her "book" It played Under the Sea and she was very excited to receive this card from her Aunt Lori in Arizona. But I guess you only get to hear the song so many times because it stopped playing when she open the book. But don't worry, a few days later she received the card again form my friend Darcy. Thanks to both of you for making Sara very happy with her "book"!!!

We were very busy on Sara's actual birthday (I will post later in another blog) so on Monday morning daddy made her a very special breakfast. Pancakes with strawberry yogurt in the middle. She wasn't quite awake while we sang Happy Birthday, but she was happy.

After she ate some of the pancake, she got a bowl out and wanted more yogurt.
She loved the yogurt!!

After birthday breakfast, she opened a few presents.

Grandma Pat got her a "lucky bag" just like her brother RJ.
It had a pillow in it and she had a lot of fun throwing it!! (that is the blur in the bottom right corner)

Grandma Leister sent a Dora video with mermaids. She loves to watch it and asks for it by saying "Dora Mermaids" It is very cute!! I am enjoying it now while I can because there will come a day when I will wish she didn't talk so much...

Our friends Miho, Akiko and Kohei left present in our mail box. It was a very cute and little necklace. Sara is very proud to wear it.

Mitch, RJ and I got her a toy cash register. Her and RJ LOVE it!! Now they can really play donut shop and charge real money.
Thanks to everyone who helped make Sara's 2nd birthday extra special. We love her and I know all of you do too!

No comments: