Friday, April 11, 2008

A Sneak Peak

Recently we took the kids in for a photo shoot. Now those of you that know me, can understand this...I have been going through professional photo withdrawal since before coming to Japan. Poor Sara will not have as many pictures as RJ...I know, I know it all has to do with the 2nd born children syndrome, but I was really trying to be good with her.

Anyway, I finally gathered the courage to tackle a Japanese Portrait Studio. Actually I asked my friend Miho to help me!! She was awesome!! She did research for me on 2 different places and we both agreed that You Smile at Saty (where her friend works) was the best choice. She even agreed to go along with me to help with translation. We chose the birthday package which meant Sara could have many costume changes and her family could be in a picture or two with her.


So we started in this big yellow dress. RJ wore a blue suit but in the picture of the 2 of them, they looked like they were getting married so we did not purchase any, sorry.

Then RJ picked a gold suit so Sara wore the black and cream dress...aren't they adorable

Then came the best!! I really wanted Sara in a Kimono (that was the reason behind the whole thing). I was expecting RJ to be in another suit. No, they told me to pick out a Kimono for him too. I was so excited!!

Sara and a Koto (a Japanese instrument that is similar to a harp)

But here came the best surprise of the day!! If you remember from before I said the birthday package allowed Sara's family to be in the picture with her. Well, RJ was such a handsome boy and doing such a great job...


They let him hold a sword and have his own picture taken. He is our samurai!! This was Mitch's favorite picture!

more close ups of my cute children

Aren't they adorable.

I hope to receive my actual prints next week. If you would like a copy of any of these, please let me know and I will send some off to you.

No comments: