Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shosha Craft Museum

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

During my Spring vacation Miss Sara, Trisha and I rode our bikes up to the Shosha Craft Museum. Mitch had some free tickets so we thought we would check it out. Here are our findings...

This is a bamboo forest outside the museum. I just love to see bamboo forests. Don't ask me why, I just do...


In the main room, there were these 300 Buddhist image statues.
This was a 3-d wall hanging of a Chinese Dragon
an engraved bamboo stick. It is a decoration.
There was a toy section. Trisha tried her hardest to make these tops flip over....
But they didn't seem to be the right kind for flipping


This nice security guard showed us how to make them go. You 'whip' them while they are spinning to keep them going.

This is a hands on craft area where you can paint and decorate a mask. Maybe RJ and I will make it that way soon to make a mask...

Trisha and Miss Sara outside the museum (just in case you have forgotten, Miss Sara is an English teacher from Phoenix, Sara-chan is our daughter and Teacher Sara is RJ's teacher at school)

I thought this would make a great picture. This was right outside the museum. The river is the water on the left. I am not sure if these tributaries have a current purpose, but they are cool looking.

more of the bamboo forest.
I am glad we went but VERY thankful that the tickets were free. Thanks Mitch!



No comments: