Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Night Time Sakura Viewing

On Friday, my friend Miho told me that the cherry blossoms would be lit up at night by the castle. So, after dinner, I dragged the family by bike downtown. When we first arrived I was a bit disappointed because all I saw was the park in front of the castle with bright lights. But then Mitch noticed something going on in the castle grounds, so we ventured that way.


The castle is lit up every night, but on this night the surrounding cherry trees were also illuminated.
They are so delicate and beautiful, but they have no smell
Yes, I know Mitch and the kids are dark, I just wanted to share their smiles with you.
The kids were a little bored, so they wanted to look out the holes in the walls. Mitch had to explain why they could not throw rocks out of them (we were up high and the rocks could hit someone on the ground on the other side)


More cherry trees lit up in front of the castle.
I liked this area. They had several different colored lights to illuminate the cherry blossoms. This was me trying to be artistic with the castle, blossoms and blue light.
Pink light
cute kids and husband




OK, if you have about 10 seconds, watch the video. It is a bit blurry, but it shows the different colors that lit up the trees

By the time the kids were ready to go, we came across an outdoors concert. The ladies were playing the piano, violin and signing. RJ wanted to stay until they were finished...Just in case you aren't sure, that is Mitch with RJ (red sweatshirt) on his shoulders and Sara in his arm.

Even though the kids were bored, I enjoyed the evening! It was beautiful!

No comments: