Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Again!!!

Guess what we woke up to, again, on Saturday?? More snow!! I think Mitch was much more excited than the kids and I were. We had planned to go for a long bike ride that day, and now we knew we weren't going to be able to.


No the picture isn't blurry, that is snow falling.




That is snow on my new base layer (silk long johns) that my mother-in-law graciously sent Mitch and I (we each got our own pair)



Luckily, our friends Faviola and Zuka called. They were headed to Kobe to do some shopping at Foreign Buyers Club (they sell imported items there) and wanted us to come along. So we did!!


RJ and Kimi had a potable DVD player to watch in the far back seat.


Once we got to Rokko Island and found where we needed to be, we all piled out of the car. Once the kids were outside, there was no way we were going to get away with saying "we are not playing in the snow". RJ and Kimi stopped long enough for me to snap a picture.


Mitch begged for me to take his and Sara's picture too. I am certain that he was the most excited about the snow.


RJ is eating the snow. (remember if you click on the picture you can see it bigger)

We were looking for a place to stop and have lunch. While Mitch and Zuka went ahead, RJ and Kimi found a nice place to play.


The pink bucket was for helping to build a snow man.



Here is RJ and Kimi 'skating' on the ice.



Faviola decided that Kimi needed a hat and since there wasn't enough snow to build a snow man the bucket would do just fine.


Sara was loving all the cold wet stuff on the ground!


Here comes Mitch. 'Take my picture!! Isn't this great!!'


Look at all that falling snow!

When we talked to my mom that morning, she asked if it was cold in Himeji. RJ's answer "It's freezing here" guess that tells you just how cold it is....Can't wait to spend my next winter back in Phoenix!

No comments: