Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Park fun with Grandma and Papa

Apparently I have gotten behind on my blogging. I was cruising through my Memory Manager (the Creative Memories software I use on my PC to manage and edit my photos) and realized I never blogged much about my parents' visit. Sorry about that. I guess many people are not reading this as no one has complained about it.

My parents arrived the evening of Sat. Dec 29th and were quite exhausted. We knew they probably won't be up for much on Sunday, so we planned a slow day. We took them to the local neighborhood park where RJ and Sara like to play.


Grandma spinning the pumpkin for RJ and Sara.


Some how RJ managed to convince Grandma to join him INSIDE the pumpkin. Sara didn't want to be a part of the picture though.


Papa decided he needed to be in there too. Now Sara was ready for the camera!!


Papa wanted to go for a spin himself.



Sara wanted to show off for Grandma (Nana as she calls her) so she climbed the ladder to the slide. She did go down it by herself, I just didn't take a picture.


After we finished at the park, we took them over to a neighborhood shire.

As we were walking home from the park, we were admiring a garden. I was explaining to my parents the best I could which plants were which vegetables. As we were standing there, the home owner drove up. He proceeded to talk with us and then gave us some fresh vegetables to take home and enjoy. His 2 daughters came out too to talk with us. His wife brought out some mochi for everyone.





Later that afternoon while Sara was napping, RJ was showing Grandma all his stuff. Grandma thought it would be cute if she tied this ribbon from Sara's Halloween costume around RJ's head.


Maybe it was good Grandma only stayed for 1 week :-) Just kidding! She didn't do anything else crazy like that while she was here.



After RJ was done with being tied up, he talked Grandma into going downstairs to the big meeting room to build a train track. Santa had left some track pieces at Grandma's house so she brought them with her. Now RJ can make a real track for all of his trains.

Maybe more about their visit next week (I have no classes on Tuesdays, but I have run out of pictures today)

No comments: