Monday, January 28, 2008

Naked in a Glass Elevator

Ok, so maybe the title of this blog is a bit much, but I was recently naked in an elevator.

On Sunday I went with Miss. Sara (one of the ALT's from Phoenix who is here in Japan) to a local onsen. Onsen is Japanese for hot spring. We went to the one at the Egret center in downtown Himeji. So what do you do at an onsen you ask, I will tell you.

Once you enter, you take off all your clothes and then go into a very public room and bathe yourself. With LOTS of soap so everyone can see that you are good and clean. Then you choose which 'pool' you will go on. Notice I never said anything about wrapping myself up in a towel or putting on a swim suit. Hence why there are no pictures for this post.

There were several pools to chose from. The first one we choose had spots where you could lay down on some jets. Very relaxing (once you get past the fact that you are basically naked in public). Then we decided to take the elevator upstairs to the other pools. They were all very hot and somewhat relaxing. We were able to look out at Himeji Castle while we were soaking. We even went into one of the sauna rooms. All in all it was an experience. I am not sure if I will go again, but I am glad I tried it at least once.

As for the elevator, it was not glass. But it did have a very large mirror inside! Can you say you have been naked in an elevator? I didn't think so!

1 comment:

Sara said...

LOL!! What do you mean, you don't know if you will go again?? Is Mitch still gung-ho to go?