Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tokyo Disney

Sorry for the lapse in blogs. I am staying at a friends house this week and she only has dial up. My wonderful husband found out that Peter Piper Pizza has free wireless Internet...so as I sit here at 9:30 pm.....please enjoy a recap from our trip to Tokyo Disney...


After riding the over night bu from Himeji to Tokyo (it took us 10 hrs), the kids were very excited when they figured out where we were going.

At the entrance....Many people had told us that Tokyo Disney looked exactly like Disneyland in California...we didn't think so. There was no train station right out front
Many of the characters were out front to greet us...Pluto
I think this is Gapeto (from Pinocchio)
And Pinocchio. I was impressed with how the kids were with the characters. Sara wouldn't go near them but she was willing to stand next to her brother who was VERY excited to see them.
Don't think there is a Hokushi's in California
This is the end of Main street. Very different.
ToonTown entrance
While Mitch and I waited in line for the Jolly Trolley, RJ and Sara found fun things to play on
More cars
Cool water..yes it was hot and yes we let Sara get into the fountain.

The Jolly Family on the Jolly Trolley

More characters in Toontown
Tea cups. RJ and I went pretty fast on our spinning.


Sara chased Max down for a picture



Pumping up the water for an explosion
Checking out the hole in the door
Get me out of here!!
The parade...I don't know what was better...seeing Tigger bounce or watching my kids have the time of their lives!! It was awesome to see they experience all of this for the first time!
RJ and Sara waving at their favorite characters.
The castle
Tokyo Disney map


Not too sure about this, but it was outside while we were waiting for the bus back to our hotel.
I have a few more entries for Tokyo, but I am going to get kicked out of the pizza place soon. I have created our new blog at http://thehammesclan.blogspot.com/ but there isn't much there yet. It will mainly be a blog for our friends in Japan and family out of Arizona so they can keep up with the kids and see what they are up too and to see what Arizona is really like.
Check back in next week....not sure when I will be given permission to leave again....

No comments: